Our Free Liquor Cost Calculator provides a quick and easy way to calculate liquor cost for your entire bar by entering your inventory values, purchase amounts, and sales. In addition, you can use the second tab of the free tool to calculate the liquor cost of specific drinks depending on product cost, portioning and sale price. The tool even allows you to include the effect of your local sales tax. Simply click the Download button above to begin the download process or click on the Video button to see how the tool works before you proceed with the download.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your trust through our free tools and emails. If you like our free tools, we hope you'll consider allowing us to assist you perform liquor inventory faster and smarter at your bar using our liquor inventory system.
Tips to get the most out of our Free Liquor Cost Calculator:
- Remember to exclude keg deposits from your liquor cost formula calculation.
- When using this liquor cost calculator, be sure to check the dates when you run the POS report in order to calculate your liquor cost as a percentage of your liquor sales.
- Use actual bottle prices when valuing your liquor inventory (i.e. The cost of the case of liquor divided by the total of bottles including the free ones).
- When using liquor inventory to calculate your liquor cost as a percentage of sales, don't aim at a particular "target" liquor cost. There is a trade-off between liquor sales volume and liquor cost; therefore, you should take a holistic approach to managing liquor cost instead of aiming for a single performance measure (usually liquor cost as a percentage of liquor sales).
- There is currently a trend in the bar industry towards using technology to increase the speed of counting your liquor inventory, and most importantly, to increase profits. I strongly recommend that if you currently manage your bar on the basis of liquor cost, you do some research into different liquor inventory systems and solutions. Start with the articles below which build on this article about liquor cost formula:
To find out how Bar-i can help you streamline your processes and maximize profits, please contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Bar-i serves bars and restaurants nationwide from our offices in Denver, Colorado.